These interviews are based around casual chats about business books, this way the listener get an in-depth summery of the book from the actual author. The main purpose is to let business people get an idea of what each book is about and whether a book is a good fit for them. There are books from the New York Times Top 10 list as well as writers who are up an comers and have just published there first book. Check out one of the show soon and see if you will be motivated to grab a book from your office library or get one from your favorite book store and enjoy learning something new this week!
We have done over 300 author interviews to date and plan to compile some collections of the best interviews like:
- Top 5 Best Business Books from the Show’s archive
- Top 10 Best Business Book interviews of all time
- Top 30 Must Read Business Books
- Our Best Business Book Summaries
The interviews are very casual in nature and I try and ask questions relating to small and medium size businesses. The interview will last about 35 to 45 minutes. The interviews are very simple and I ask some very basic questions. Almost like a chat over a coffee.
- When or why did you decide to write this book
- How long did it take you to write the book
- Why do you fell this book was needed for businesses today
- What was the most important thing you learned while writing the book
- What was your biggest learning from writing the book (an “aha” moment)
- What is the best way to approach the book (how does it work)
- Is it a book designed to be read cover to cover or can you skip around
- Tell me an anecdote from the book
- Talk about an idea in the book that you liked
- Can you share a good tip for people who are in business and would like to make that business do better
Please join us each week a discover a cool new Business Book or dive into our archive from Season 5 and 6!